Monday, May 30

California Pizza Kitchen: Fresh Vegetarian Fare


Bianco Flatbread & White Corn Guacamole and Chips. And a very good Moscow Mule!
California Pizza Kitchen prides themselves on fresh food. In fact, 90% of their food is made from scratch and they use local produce when they can.  I was invited to sample the revamped menu and I'm happy to report there are ample vegetarian options.



I don't know what's more welcoming than warm carbs <3 
Freshly baked bread graces each table served with their own olive oil made from their own olives. The olive oil was dressed with pungent herbs. The distinctive taste of Wild Greek Oregano, grown especially for CPK in Greece adds a zesty bite to this dish. They don't skimp on quality ingredients, which is the most impressive thing I learned from my lunch and chat with Ryan Martin, the GM of the Fashion Place location.
 
If it's your first trip to CPK, they'll treat you to an order of  Bianco Flatbread. This flatbread was one of my favorite dishes - crisp crust topped with a gratifying combination of truffle cream, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella and fresh sage. If it's not your first trip, you can order this off the menu. I suggest you do.

Fantastic Moscow Mules

I'm thinking that California Pizza Kitchen in Fashion Place Mall might be my best bet for cocktails in Murray. Freshly grated ginger and Grey Goose vodka elevates this Moscow Mule to something I'd expect in a fancier restaurant. It was delightful! My mom, who joined me for lunch, wholly agreed. I think we'll be back for some day drinking and mall shopping soon.

Seasonal Harvest Sangria was a fresh and fruit delight!
Another new cocktail, the Seasonal Harvest Sangria was refreshing. Bacardi Superior Rum, St. Germain Elderflower and Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay are mixed with muddled grapes, basil and fresh agave sour. This is the ideal drink for summer.

Farmers Market Soup
One of the vegetarian items on their updated menu is this tasty Farmers' Market Soup. Roasted squash and veggies are blended with a touch of cream.  Drizzled with their olive oil and devoured with bread - this soup was hearty and utterly delicious.


Quinoa and Arugula Salad - I'm going back for this!
The Quinoa and Arugula salad was delectable - all my favorite Spring flavors on one plate! Arugula dressed with a housemade Champagne vinaigrette and tossed with quinoa, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, toasted pine nuts and bits of tart Feta cheese. I can't wait to eat this again.

Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini 

My mom was over the top about this pasta, and I agree. The Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini is loaded with fresh asparagus, spinach and Parmesan. It's a light, appetizing dish with perfectly al dente pasta and crisp veggies. 

 
A seasonal treat - Strawberry Shortcake
Parting gifts and leftovers!
California Pizza Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment