Friday, October 17

Kanab Day One: Nedra's Too

Best Friends Burrito - a vegetarian burrito with fresh veggies and rice

After two glorious days in Zion Canyon, I traveled to Kanab with my husband's family. I've been daydreaming about moving to Kanab and working for Best Friends Animal Sanctuary for years, so seeing the small town was exciting to me!




Nedra's Too is a small Mexican joint offering substantial fare at a reasonable cost. They have gone out of their way to cater to their vegetarian and vegan guests with a separate menu!


See?? And while the menu is mostly vegetarian, there are a few vegan tweaks available. I ordered the Best Friends Burrito without cheese, because how could I not? We're visiting on Sunday and I'm SO EXCITED.  I was passing time inhaling the chips and salsa, which were delicious - the salsa was slightly sweet and salty and the chips were warm. A few minutes passed and there was a humungous burrito graciously placed in front of me filled with sauteed veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers and onions) and Mexican rice, served with Mexican rice and refried beans, topped with a vegetarian red enchilada sauce. And of course, a side of fresh guacamole. There's always a side of guacamole. If I ordered this again, I'd opt out of the side of rice - it was redundant. And I'd ask for more guacamole.

Veggie Quesadilla
 My mom in law ordered a veggie quesadilla stuffed with cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, sun dried tomato, pine nuts topped with green onions, sour cream and guacamole. I had a bite so I can testify that this was Very Good. It would be awesome if they had vegan cheese, or subbed cheese for guacamole!

Cats and books: two of my favorite things!

I have a good feeling about Kanab. I found a cat themed bookstore (!!!!!!) and the house we are renting was stocked with Vegenaise, olives, mustard and chopped garlic. All my favorite things!

It's like they knew I was coming.

Nedra's Too on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment