Monday, September 9

Mama Africa's very hot sauce


A few weeks ago I had the pleasure to meet Cathy Tshilombo-Lokemba, the spirit behind Mama Africa's line of hot sauces. I first took notice of her when I watched the Salt Lake episode of Eden Eats where she shared her unique perspective on life and food.

When SLUG called to see if I wanted to interview Mama Africa for the Soundwaves from the Underground podcast, I was stoked. And I knew I had to track down her hot sauce. Mama Africa's sauces are flavorable, made without artificial anything and just happen to be vegan. And ya. They're very spicy.

I've been using it on tofu scrambles and all sorts of potatoes. It's more flavorful and spicy than Sriracha, my usual, so it's been a yummy addition to brunch and I can't wait to try it in a Bloody Mary. I'm working on a few recipes using the Pili Pili sauce that I will post soon!


Listen to the interview here:



1 comment:

  1. So awesome to run into another local blog! My blog is about vegan options in New Orleans, another town that people don't necessarily think of as vegan-friendly. So interested to see what you've found!

    ReplyDelete