Monday, January 7

The Community Co-op helps you be rich and healthy! And vegan!

a sampling of the deliciousness that the Co-op has to offer!

The Community Co-op is the best place in Utah to score inexpensive and healthy food. Every Saturday I head over to Murray Park to pick up my produce box full of five different types of veggies and fruit for only $15.00. There is a new selection of fruit and vegetables each week and it's always fun to use everything up, experimenting with new recipes and weird new fruit like persimmons.


Persimmons are lovely orange orbs of sweetness! perfect with tea!

There are lots of other vegan things to eat from the Co-op like olive oil, hummus, bread and an organic produce box. Check out their website for information on how to order and where to pick up your goodies. 

this is how I feel every Saturday when I pick up my produce box. except with more veggies on my head.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I've been doing Bountiful Baskets, but it looks like a co-op location is about to open near me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! i really love it and still can't believe how cheap it is! :)

      Delete
  2. where is this community co-op? how do i join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. click on the link in the post! that will take you directly to their page and answer all your questions. :)

      Delete
    2. Amanda
      thanks for the comments and photos on the Community Coop!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea and concept of a co-op, but signed up and ordered the organic box of produce (I think it was $25, but could be wrong). I was very excited to see the quantity and variety! Once I actually got into it and tried to use it, however, I was very disappointed. I buy organic whenever I can and am well aware that organic isn't as pretty or flawless, but what I got through the co-op was very disappointing. The spinach was bug eaten and pretty much unusable. The fruits were at the end of their life and those we couldn't eat that day or the next went bad as well. So I buy from the store where I can see the quality of what I am getting before purchasing. Too bad, because I really wanted to do the co-op thing. Glad to hear their non-organic stuff seems to be in better shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! I ordered the organic box this week. I hope it's as good as the regular box. I've never had a bad food experience before, so I hope it's just a random shitty thing?

      Delete