Sunday, September 2

Foods of Summer

I'll always remember Summer 2012 as the summer I enjoyed TONS of amazing food and Instagrammed damn near everything I ate. Here are the highlights! Follow me on Instagram if you dare: amanda_eats_slc.

vegan garlic bread swoon. this is everything I ever need: garlic-y, buttery, crunchy on the outside and squishy on the inside. and it's easy to make, combine fresh garlic and parsley, smoosh with Earth Balance and spread on a good baguette, wrap in tin foil and throw in oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for maybe 20 minutes. swoon swoon swoon. served with spaghetti (crock pot marinara!) and a salad covered in shredded vegan mozzarella, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, it makes the perfect (and easy) Italian meal!




New products like Daiya Cheese Wedges made it fun to cook regular, boring stuff like vegan breakfast sandwiches and hamburgers!  Despite the soul-crushing heat, I still craved spaghetti enough to boil water for pasta and to turn on the oven to make garlic bread. Typical Italian.

vegan cheeseburger! waffle fries!



hell yes! slices of tofu pan-fried with a sprinkle of tumeric, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper, Daiya Pepperjack vegan cheese, vegan sausage and homemade guacamole. so easy and so yummy!

 Most of the time this summer, I just threw together little snackies. Many of them included avocados. These lazy meals were ideal to bring to work or throw together after a long day.

vegan cheese and crackers!

avocado stuffed with salsa, olives and Sriracha
avocado squished on crackers with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of nutritional yeasts. yum!

And then there were family BBQs! Chips, salsa, guacamole, beer and ice cream! I'm more than happy with eating side dishes and dessert. Who needs the meat part?!!


My new favorite beer. And more homemade guacamole!!!!!

this happened. and it was amazing. vegan banana splits for life!
 And ya. There were plenty of lazy times hanging out at home. My husband I didn't manage to take a real vacation this year, but we had lots of fun vegging out at home with Darby and the cats. Max has become one of my favorite subjects on Instagram. He's so photogenic and doesn't mind the paparazzi. 

there was plenty of cat nip this summer.


and lots of leisurely walks at Murray Park


and lots of laying around with Darby! I like summer. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment