Friday, July 13

a heavenly lunch at Tin Angel Cafe

Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas -6.50-

Moroccan spiced Cauliflower roasted with Chick Peas, Red Onion, Crushed Red Pepper and Garlic. Served warm with Crunchy Bread.

The Tin Angel Cafe is adorable. This restaurant, which was once a pioneer era home, has one of the most enjoyable patios in Salt Lake City. There's the outside patio, and the inside patio with wide, open windows. What makes the Tin Angel Cafe so charming is the local art; angels and skeletons dance amidst the art nouveau decorations. Adorable.  And then there is the food and drinks!

On Friday they have mimosas for $4, the perfect indulgence to end the work week! Truly, it's the little things that keep me going. :) Give me a mimosa and a inside/outside patio and I'm the happiest girl in the world.

Friday afternoon indulgence! And the inside/outside patio!
Besides being so cute, I love that Tin Angel is dedicated to serving local food. I love my local veggies! Their bread is from Carlucci's (one of my favorite places for sandwiches and sandwich bread!), so we know that it's vegan and yummy.  They offer a few interesting vegan options, enough to keep me coming back but I'd love to see more vegan options with all those local vegetables!

Quinoa Timbal -6.50-

Moroccan spiced Quinoa wrapped in Swiss Chard topped with Cilantro Mint Vinaigrette and Feta Cheese.
I skipped the feta and it was still pretty good! Maybe I'd order it with some balsamic vinaigrette next time ...

Crunchy, toasted bread and saucy roasted cauliflower and chickpeas.So perfect together.

Tin Angel Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Their Roasted Cauliflower is one of my favorite things there too!