Wednesday, May 2

No-Fail Rice Salad & Easy 'Egg' Salad


Making a good lunch for work can be tricky. There are about ten different restaurants in walking distance from my work that can tempt me to skip my home-made lunch.

Leftover rice lends itself perfectly to a delicious and easy vegan salad. All you have to do is load it up with food you like! For this salad, I added extra-virgin olive oil, diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, walnuts, parsley, salt and pepper and a good drizzle of truffle oil. It was gorgeous! Later in the week I ate it wrapped in romaine lettuce.

The other dish you see there is "Egg" Salad, which is perfect to bring to work. You can either make a nice sandwich, or eat it with crackers. The recipe is from Post Punk Kitchen, and always reminds me of summer! Check out my original post about it (and summer!) right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment