Saturday, March 24

Vegan Bahn Mi in SLC! Welcome Oh Mai Vietnamese Sandwich Kitchen

roasted rice powder, tofu, bean thread noodle, cucumber, cilantro, pickled carrots and daikon on a toasted bun.


The Vegan Bahn Mi at Oh Mai Vietnamese Sandwich Kitchen is now my Favorite Sandwich. Ever.

I was lucky enough to notice Oh Mai Vietnamese Sandwich Kitchen on my way to work a few weeks ago and I've been a little obsessed. I've wanted desperately to try a Bahn Mi sandwich for years now! (the result of watching too much Food Network and never leaving Salt Lake City!)

So, I'm not like, a Bahn Mi expert or anything; I just know a good sandwich when I find one. The contrast of toasted crunchy french bread and pickled veggies, noodles and tofu is brilliant. And delicious. I'm already planning my next trip.

They also had a few other vegan options to try like Pho and noodles.  I love it when a place labels things "vegan". It makes my life so much easier.

The prices are kind of ridiculous. My Banh Mi was less than $4 and it was huge! Both the Pho and noodles are around six bucks. I felt kind of guilty spending ten bucks for two sandwiches and spring rolls!



Kind of a bad picture, but you can see how yummy the Vegan Rolls are!


Oh Mai Vietnamese Sandwich Kitchen on Urbanspoon










The Vegan Rolls are stuffed with roasted rice powder, tofu, bean thread noodle, pickled carrots and daikon and chives and served with a yummy sesame seed sauce. You get two for $1.88.

Thank goodness they're open on Sundays because I want to go back tomorrow! 


4 comments: