Monday, October 3

"tuna" salad. and Monday.


It's Monday! And I kind of hate Mondays like the rest of the world. A nice lunch takes the edge off of a hectic work day. So does a cute old timey lunch box! And a good book!



I filled this bad boy with lots of fruity treats, a baggie full of hummus (which in retrospect was a bad idea), pita chips and my favorite sandwich! "Tuna"!

 Oh I love this sandwich. I added sunflower seeds and chopped celery to this very simple recipe:

  Mock Tuna. ingredients

  • 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and mashed
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (vegan. duh)
  • 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
  • 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful book, and that's a great looking sandwich! Way to beat a case of the Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lunch box! A woman at work brings a vintage Scooby lunch box to work, which I adore. :)

    Garbanzo mashes are my favorite sandwich filling. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, thanks guys. :) I would LOVE a Scooby Doo lunch box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mock tuna made with beans?? Why didn't I think of that?? Brilliant! (I've been making mine with nuts/seeds = too much fat.) Now I know what I want for lunch. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that lunch box, lunch would always be more exciting if it came in something like that.

    And I have Not Tuna Salad for lunch today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to try a mock tuna sandwich, this one looks really good!

    ReplyDelete