Monday, October 24

Tofu Xpress magic!


Besides saving me millions of paper towels, the Tofu Xpress turns cheap tofu into the really good stuff! In just a few hours, it presses all the water out, leaving a dense cake of tofu that is easily cubed, covered in cornstarch and FRIED.

If the world knew how to make awesome fried tofu, I think there would be a lot more vegetarians. Just saying.


Here is the tofu when I first put it into the press. After three hours it was half the size. Magic!  I guess it does a bunch of other stuff (check out their website), but turning cheap watery tofu into awesome is more than enough for me.

All of the things I normally use tofu for (scrambles, "egg" salad and stir fry) have all been greatly improved by this clever little gadget. 


2 comments:

  1. That fried tofu looks awesome! This is the post that pushed me over the edge... I'm going to get a Tofu Xpress!

    ReplyDelete