Tuesday, June 21

Starting the adoption process (the dog kind!)

The Humane Society of Utah

It's been about a year since we've said goodbye to our girl, Sage. I still can't talk about it without my eyes welling up (like they're doing right now) but it might be time to start thinking about adopting another dog.

With so many animals needing forever homes, I can't help but feel it's my responsibility to share my life with as many animals as I can. And then there's the fact that I love being surrounded by furry faces just as much as I love taking care of them.

Today for the first time, I looked at adoptable animals online at the Humane Society of Utah, where we adopted Darby. (so many cuties!) I'd love to find another little Terrier. They're charming, confident and adorable! Such a perfect match for me and Darbs! ;)

Finding the perfect dog is a long process and I don't excpect to find one anytime soon - maybe next Spring? Maybe even longer than that. Maybe I'll walk outside and find a homeless Yorkie puppy!! That will probably totally happen.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I'm sure Darby would love a brother or sister.

    ReplyDelete