Tuesday, April 5

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Vegan Easter Eggs!

The practice of decorating eggs for Easter comes from Pagan symbolism. Eggs are a sign of rebirth and fertility. It's messed up that our society uses eggs from tortured chickens to celebrate life.  As vegans, we celebrate life everyday, but on Easter, we can celebrate it with chocolate! :)

Easter has always been an important part of our family, as it is to most Catholics. My grandma would make Easter Pizza (an egg and ham filled bread, which I'm going to try to vegnanize this year) and anise bread that looked like a baby swaddled in a blanket with an egg as its face (I'm not even going to try to veganize that!)

Every year my mom makes these wonderful peanut butter eggs, and a few years ago she made them vegan! Here's is something close to the recipe she uses.  Of course, substitute vegan milk. Lastly, she dips them in dark chocolate and makes them cute.

I think Easter is easily the cutest of holidays!  I can't wait for the Easter Bunny this year!!!! 

(this is an old post, 
but I unburied in hopes that my mom would see it and make me chocolate peanut butter eggs!)

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest of posts. I heart vegan Easter! Am on the hunt for those speckled little cadbury robin's eggs, but vegan of course.

    ReplyDelete