Wednesday, February 16

The Copper Onion

pickles

brussel sprouts

shishito peppers

broccoli raab


Ah, if every restaurant that snubbed vegans made up for it with perfect side-dishes, we wouldn't be so angry all the time.  While no dish on the menu is vegan (once I ordered the portabello sandwich sans aoli, cheese and bread - it was delicious, but kind of depressing) the side-dishes more than make up for it. 

My new favorite is the shishito peppers.  They have been roasted and coated in olive oil and salt.  I love it when you can taste the fruity-ness of olive oil.  I also really enjoyed the pickles. Isn't it great when a vegan food becomes trendy?  Pickles are everywhere now and I couldn't be happier about it.  Of course, the brussel sprouts are always delicious.  The brocolli raab was a bit too oily for my taste, but I would imagine it would be delicious as a proper side-dish.

Sadly, the meal was too acidic. I could have used something bready or beany.  Hopefully more vegan people will express interest in vegan options at The Copper Onion because they could do some beautiful things if they wanted. 

The Copper Onion on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love your blog. Like a lot. I live in Provo but I go up to Salt Lake a few times a month and am always looking for somewhere new to eat. This is so helpful. And your writing is great. Basically, I'm your newest fan. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love you! I can't believe how much stuff there is in SLC to eat. I try to hit a new place every month, but damn. So much food.

    ReplyDelete