Sunday, January 2

Double Bacon Blast Potato Skinzz

EXTREME! 
BACON!! 
Double Bacon Blast Potato Skinzz

Coconut Bacon.  I can tell you know that there will be a lot of Elvis-inspired sandwiches in my life now.  This is the closest thing I've tasted to bacon and it was super easy to make. I can't keep my hands off of it!  It's smoky, sweet and salty, and it's going to add a bit of umami to sandwiches, pasta and salads.

Check out this post on Vegan Good Things, it's where I discovered the recipe.  Next time I'll cook it a little longer, hers looks more brown and crispy.

Does anyone else totally miss T.G.I. Friday's, or is it just me?  It was such a funny place. My husband and I always got potato skins and big, hilarious cocktails. I also had a mild addiction to coconut shrimp.  I'll have to work on veganizing that! 

Anyway, potato skins sound good lately, so I tweaked this recipe.  I added green olives stuffed with garlic, cheddar and mozzarella Daiya cheese to potato skins and sprinkled them with bacos. (microwave the potatoes first, and then scoop out their guts with a melon baller and drizzle with olive oil) After cooking in a 400 degree pre-heated oven, I topped them with avocado, more bacon bits, a dollop of vegan sour cream or cream cheese, coconut bacon and salt and pepper.

They were so delicious!  I'm looking forward to making these again for an easy weeknight dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment