Monday, January 31

Butcher's Bunches



One of the best things about buying local products is that you get to meet the wonderful people behind them! This Saturday my mom and I stopped by Caputo's and met the lovely Liz behind Butcher's Bunches jams. To quote her their website:

Her "real" profession and passion is being a pastry chef, however when the economy took a downturn during the past few years and "everyone and their brother" started to plant a garden, she decided to take her multiple talents and use them to create delicate combinations of fruits and vegetables like "people have never had before."



Not only does she have an amazing product, the names of her jams makes me smile. They all have adorably funky names like "Kill Bill" and "Back in Black".

I usually don't like sweet things, but the sweetness in these jams come from fruit!  You can tell the difference between boring grocery store mass-produced jam and Butcher's Bunches.  The colors are gorgeous and they taste like fruit!  Fruit!!! 

The next time you're at Caputo's make sure you pick up a bottle or two.  I'm planning on using mine (I bought the raspberry) for chocolate-chip pancakes.  And maybe some cookies, and of course there is french toast, as well as regular toast.   There are a lot of ways to incorporate this in my diet.  I can't wait to figure out more!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I've never heard of these jams, but they do sound delicious. Which Caputo's can you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've never heard of these jams, but they do sound delicious. Which Caputo's can you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!! Thanks for the great post!! It was so nice to meet you as well!! :)

    Brandi, you can get them at either Caputo's!!! Enjoy!! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so agree the colours of the jams are amazing.

    ReplyDelete