Friday, December 24

Fried tofu and where to put it


For pretty fried tofu, use extra-firm tofu and press all the water out of it with paper towels. Throw the cubed tofu (salt and pepper first!) in cornstarch and fry in a good amount of hot canola oil until, well, it's pretty. Make sure the oil is hot and the pan isn't over-crowded. Ta Da!


This is a nice dish when you want some comfort food and don't feel like going out for dinner.

Lately I've been looking for a good bottled curry sauce. I haven't found it yet, but when I do, you'll be the first to know. The ones I'm coming across are too sweet, or too tart. I just want something good!

Anyhoo. Get out the rice cooker, throw a handful of mixed nuts in with one cup of brown rice and two cups of water. (This by itself, is soo yummy! I love my rice maker, but more about that later!)

Top rice with curry sauce, tofu, peppers - whatever really. I usually like sriacha, peanuts, cilantro, peppers, and tuck in. :)

2 comments:

  1. ohmy! i've never attempted to fry tofu. this sounds so gooood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! the first thing i do with anything is fry it. :)

    ReplyDelete