Saturday, December 4

Compassionate Cooks: Please don't Eat the Animals ( & bread)

This is my first vegan cookbook. My copy is falling apart and lousy with spills, but I still  love it!

When I first went vegan, my husband and  I were living in a tiny apartment where the kitchen and the living room were connected.  I lived in the kitchen that year. I watched cartoons and learned how to make a killer coffee cake, breads, casseroles and most important, tofu scramble and vegan mac and cheese. Every weekend would be my husband and me, cooking and baking our vegan hearts out. 
 
I can't pick up this cookbook without thinking of that year!  We had so much fun.  There are a lot of recipes in this book that have made their way into the regular rotation, and here are two of my favorite ...


Banana Bread

Herb and Onion Bread

4 comments:

  1. your banana bread is one of my favorites..and i love your hummas too..you do a lot of special treats..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the book that I got our beloved bbq chickpeas recipe out of. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have brown bananas! AND you know what that means...BANANA BREAD!
    Thank you for the inspiration and that herb onion bread sounds so good too. I'm a sucker for the savory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have so many memories attached to that cookbook!

    I've been on a banana bread kick (3 loaves in 2 days!) but I really want to make herb & onion bread!

    ReplyDelete