|not my picture! :) but damn! this is a sexy cheesecake!|
My husband's birthday is coming up and I'm really looking forward to making him a cake! I love the internet, I don't think I could have come up with this recipe on my own.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2 (12 ounce) packages firm tofu
- 1 1/2 cups demerara sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed oil
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C.) In a medium bowl, combine ground almonds and whole wheat flour. Cut in margarine until a dough is formed. Press dough into the bottom and half-way up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a blender or food processor, crumble the tofu. Add sugar, cocoa, oil, soy milk, rum and vanilla. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 75 minutes, or until filling is set. Allow to cool on a rack and then chill thoroughly in refrigerator before attempting to remove from the pan. _________________________________________________________