I missed tuna sandwiches dearly when I went vegan. This is a wonderful, easy, super yummy recipe!
I added capers because honestly, I add capers to anything I can. :)
What You Need:
- 30 ounces (2 cans) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nori seaweed flakes
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 6 large, crisp lettuce leaves
- 12 fresh tomato slices
What You Do:
- In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
- Fold the onion, celery, garlic, pickle, nori, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper into the garbanzo beans. Combine thoroughly.
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread the salad on one slice and stack with a lettuce leaf, two tomato slices, and another slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.