Wednesday, May 12

New menu items at the Vertical Diner






My husband and I have been going to the Vertical Diner since they opened about three years ago. Chef Ian Brandt, from Sage's Cafe runs this more casual, more yummy restaurant. I don't even think Sage's has a deep fryer. I digress. Everything on the menu is spectacular, so you can imagine how excited we were to see NEW items!

Pictured above is a chicken pot pie made with seitan (my favorite meat substitute beside tempeh!). This was just lovely to eat. It had a biscuit on the bottom! I was so surprised!

The hot wings were the special that night and they were amazing. They are made from seitan, battered and deep-fried. The sauce was so sweet/sour/hot I made a weird face every time I took a bite. I should have ordered a pear cider to go with everything, but there is always next time.

5 comments:

  1. Still haven't been to the Vertical Diner. I HAVE to go, especially after hearing they have a pot pie! Pot Pies are a taste of home from my Southern Roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, and I love it! I also love the Vertical Diner. Great looking photos and reviews, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you!!

    seriously, the pot pie was amazing. the seitan and gravy were just perfect, and the biscuits were moist and flaky. sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Vertical Diner too! I just wish they used more fruit and vegetables in/on their items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! It's strange that they don't? I guess you could head over to Sage's if you felt like being healthy. :p I wish they had mac and cheese, tho.

    ReplyDelete