Saturday, May 8

Bayleaf Cafe


Everyone who has had the pleasure of eating at the Bayleaf Cafe simply adores it.  It's pretty much always open, except for Mondays.

I ordered the simplest thing on the menu, the tofu saute ($5.99) and it was sooo good. The rice was perfectly sticky, and the tofu was nicely crunchy on the outside and tasty on the inside. I have no idea what was in the sauce but I loved it - it was savory and just yummy. I also got a whole bowl of veggies on the side - the bok choy and carrots were really good. I was a little confused by the lack of broccoli, but I'm a broccoli fiend.

Not only was the food amazing, the wait staff was SO sweet. They kept my coffee cup nice and full and even gave me a huge 20 oz coffee to leave with. The way to my heart is absolutely through many coffee refills.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Ditto on the coffee refill thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to try it and then we end up other places... it's on my list! And a restaurant that serves good coffee?!? A rare find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I yearn to try Bayleaf one of these days. Heard that they're also open 24 hrs Friday through Sunday to satisfy any late night comfort food cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have to check it out! Seriously, that tofu was so damn good - and you can always judge a place by how good their vegetarian food is. I'm sure everything else is stellar.

    ReplyDelete